Serum domoic acid clearance and clinical observations in the cynomolgus monkey and Sprague-Dawley rat following a single IV dose
- 122 Downloads
KeywordsWaste Water Water Management Water Pollution Clinical Observation Cynomolgus Monkey
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Iverson F, Truelove J, Nera E, Tryphonas L, Campbell J, Lok E (1989) Domoic acid poisoning and mussel-associated intoxication: Preliminary investigations into the response of mice and rats to toxic mussel extract. Fd Chem Toxic 27:377–384Google Scholar
- Iverson F, Truelove J, Tryphonas L, Nera E (1990) The toxicology of domoic acid administered systemically to rodents and primates. Can Dis Weekly Rep 16S1E:15–19Google Scholar
- Newsome H, Truelove J, Hierlihy L, Collins P (1991) Determination of domoic acid in serum and urine by immunochemical Analysis. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 47: 329–334Google Scholar
- Perl TM, Bedard L, Kosatsky T, Hockin JC, Todd ECD, Remis RS (1990) An outbreak of toxic encephalopathy by eating mussels contaminated with domoic acid. New Engl J Med 322:1775–1780Google Scholar
- Preston E, Hynie I (1991) Transfer constants for blood brain barrier permeation of the neuroexcitatory shellfish toxin, domoic acid. Can J Neurol Sci 18:39–44Google Scholar
- Quilliam MA, Wright JLC (1989) The amnesic shellfish poisoning mystery. Anal Chem 61:1053A-1060AGoogle Scholar
- Suzuki CAM, Hierlihy SL (1993) The renal clearance of domoic acid in the rat. Food Chem Tox (in press)Google Scholar
- Tasker RAR, Connell BJ, Strain SM (1991) Pharmacology of systemically administered domoic acid in mice. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 69:378–382Google Scholar
- Tryphonas L, Truelove J, Iverson F (1990) Acute parental neurotoxicity of domoic acid in cynomolgus monkeys (M. fascicularis). Toxicologic Pathology 18:297–303Google Scholar
- Work TM, Beale AM, Fritz L, Quilliam MA, Silver M, Buck K, Wright JLC (1991) Domoic acid intoxication of brown pelicans (Pelecanus occidentalis) in California. Abstract 5th Internat Conf Toxic Marine Phytoplankton Newport, Rhode Island, Oct. 28–Nov 1, 33Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc 1994