l-Lysine production in continuous culture of an l-lysine hyperproducing mutant of Corynebacterium glutamicum
l-Lysine production was studied in and volumetric productivity were 105 g/l and 5.6 g/l per hour, respectively. The latter corresponded to a 2.5-fold higher value than that of a fed-batch culture. Higher agitation or use of oxygen-enriched air was critical for high productivity. This indicates that oxygen supply greatly affects l-lysine productivity in continuous culture.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akashi K, Ikeda S, Shibai H, Hirose Y (1979) Effect of oxygen supply on l-lysine, l-threonine and l-isoleucine fermentations. Agric Biol Chem 43:2087–2092Google Scholar
- Azuma T, Nakanishi T (1988) Factors affecting l-arginine production in the continuous culture of an l-arginine producer of Corynebacterium acetoacidophilum. J Ferment Technol 66:285–290Google Scholar
- Azuma T, Nakanishi T, Sugimoto M (1988) Isolation and characterization of a stable l-arginine producer from continuous culture broth of Corynebacterium acetoacidophilum. J Ferment Technol 66:279–284Google Scholar
- Becker MJ (1982) Product biosynthesis in continuous fermentation. Folia Microbiol 27:315–318Google Scholar
- Choi YJ, Tribe DE (1982) Continuous production of phenylalanine using an Esherichia coli regulatory mutant. Biotechnol Lett 4:223–228Google Scholar
- Michalski HJ, Krzystek L, Blaszczyk R, Jamroz T, Wieczorek A (1984) The effect of mean residence time and aeration intensity on the l-lysine production in a continuous culture. In: Third European Congress on Biotechnology, München, FRG, vol II. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim, pp 527–532Google Scholar
- Mimura A, Yoshida T, Matsuno T, Hashida W, Taguchi H, Otake T, Teramoto S (1963) Continuous fermentation of l-glutamic acid(II). Kinetic analysis of growth phase and its application to continuous fermentation (Part I). Hakko Kogaku Kaishi 41:275–281Google Scholar
- Park NH, Rogers PL (1986) l-Phenylalanine production in continuous culture using a hyperproducing mutant of Esherichia coli K-12. Chem Eng Commun 45:185–196Google Scholar
- Srinivasan VR, Summers RJ (1981) Continuous cultures of cells, vol 1, CRC Press Inc, Florida, p 97Google Scholar