Transfer seeking and avoidance: On the full social costs of rent seeking
- 158 Downloads
KeywordsPublic Finance Social Cost Rent Seek Full Social Cost
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhagwati, J.N., and Srinivasan, T.N. (1980). Revenue seeking: A generalization of the theory of tariffs, Journal of Political Economy 88: 1069–1087.Google Scholar
- Hillman, A.L., and Katz, E. (1984). Risk averse rent seekers and the social cost of monopoly power. Economic Journal 94: 104–110.Google Scholar
- Krueger, A.O. (1974). The political economy of the rent seeking society. American Economic Review 64: 291–303.Google Scholar
- Posner, R.A. (1975). The social cost of monopoly and regulation. Journal of Political Economy 83: 807–827.Google Scholar
- Tollison, R.D. (1982). Rent seeking: A survey. Kyklos 35, Fasc. 4: 575–602.Google Scholar
- Tullock, G. (1967). The welfare cost of tariffs, monopolies, and theft. Western Economic Journal 5 (June): 224–232.Google Scholar
- Tullock, G. (1980). Efficient rent seeking. In J.M. Buchanan, R.D. Tollison and G. Tullock (Eds.), Towards a theory of rent-seeking society. College Station, Tx.: Texas A & M University Press.Google Scholar
- Tullock, G. (1984), Long-run equilibrium and total expenditures in rent seeking: A comment. Public Choice 43: 95–97.Google Scholar
© Martinus Nijhoff Publishers 1986