Wastewater treatment in a pilot scale inverse fluidized-bed biofilm reactor
A 400 L pilot-scale inverse fluidized-bed biofilm reactor(IFBBR) was used to treat synthetic wastewater. The removal efficiency of the soluble chemical oxygen demand(SCOD) was more than 90% at a hydraulic retention time(HRT) of 5 h. The IFBBR could be operated successfully for 5 months without any significant problems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fan, L.S., Hwang, S. J., and Matsuura, A. (1984). Chem. Eng. Sci., 39, 1677–1688.Google Scholar
- Fan, L. S., Tang, W.T., and Wisecarver, K. (1987). Chem. Eng. Sci., 42, 2123–2134.Google Scholar
- Jeris, J. S., and Owens, R.W. (1977). J. Water Poll. Control Fed., 49, 816.Google Scholar
- Kim, D.S., and Song, S. K. (1993). The 5th International Energy Conference. Environmental Control and Waste Recycling, Vol. 5. October, 313–320.Google Scholar
- Lee, D. D., Scott, C. D., and Haccher, C. W. (1979). J. Water Poll. Control Fed., 51, 974–984.Google Scholar
- Mulcahy, L.T. Shieh, W.K., and Lamotta, E.J. (1980). Prog. Wat. Tech., 12, 143.Google Scholar
- Nikolov, L.N., and Karamanev, D.G. (1987). The Canadian J. of Chem. Eng., 65, April, 214–217.Google Scholar
- Nikolov, L.N., and Karamanev, D.G. (1990). J. of Fermentation and Bioengineering, 69, 4, 265–267.Google Scholar
- Novakovic, G.V., Jovanovic, G., Kundakovic, Lj., and Obradovic, B. (1992). Chem. Eng. Sci., 47, 3451–3458.Google Scholar
- Paul, M.S. (1981). Poll. Eng., Feb., 38–40.Google Scholar
- Shieh, W.K., and Chen, C.Y. (1984). Chem. Eng. Res. Des., 62, 133–136.Google Scholar
- Song S. K., Kim D. S., Choi Y. C. (1993). Korean Pat. (No. 93-19912).Google Scholar
- Greenberg, A. E. et al. eds. (1985). 16th ed., Am. Public Health Assoc.Google Scholar