The geometry of root subgroups in exceptional groups. I.
KeywordsExceptional Group Root Subgroup
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aschbacher, M., ‘On Finite Groups Generated by Odd Transpositions. I’, Math Z. 127, 45–56 (1972), II. J. of Alg. 26, 451–459 (1973), III. J. of Alg. 26, 460–478 (1973), IV. J. of Alg. 479–491 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.Aschbacher, M. ‘A Characterization of Chevalley Groups Over Fields of Odd Order’ (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 3.Aschbacher, M. and Seitz, G. ‘Involutions in Chevalley Groups over Fields of Even Order’, Nagoya Math J. 63 (1976), 1–91.Google Scholar
- 4.Buekenhout, F. and Shult, E., ‘On the Foundations of Polar Geometry’, Geometriae Dedicata 3 (1974), 155–170.Google Scholar
- 5.Cooperstein, B.N., ‘Some Geometries Associated with Parabolic Representations of Groups of Lie Type’, Can. J. Math, XXVIII (1976), 1021–1031.Google Scholar
- 6.Cooperstein, B.N., ‘The Geometry of Groups of Lie Type’, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Michigan, 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.Cooperstein, B.N., ‘Subgroups of the Group E 6(q) which are Generated by Root Subgroups’, J. of Algebra 46, (1977), 355–388.Google Scholar
- 8.Cooperstein, B.N., ‘A Characterization of Some Lie Incidence Structures’ (to appear in Geometriae Dedicata).Google Scholar
- 9.Fischer, B., ‘Finite Groups Generated by 3-Transpositions’, Inventiones Math. 13, (1971), 232–246.Google Scholar
- 10.Gorenstein, D., Finite Groups, Harper and Row (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.Hering, C., Kantor, W.M. and Seitz, G., ‘Finite Groups With a Split BN-Pair of Rank 1. I.’, J. of Algebra 20 (1972), 435–475.Google Scholar
- 12.Higman, D., ‘Finite Permutation Groups of Rank 3’, Math Z. 86 (1964), 145–156.Google Scholar
- 13.Kantor, W. ‘Subgroups of a Classical Group Generated by Long Root Elements’ (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 14.McLaughlin, J.E., ‘Some Groups Generated by Transvections’, Arch. Math., XVIII (1967), 364–368.Google Scholar
- 15.Perin, D., Ph.D. Thesis, University of Michigan, 1971.Google Scholar
- 16.Stenholt, E., ‘Certain Embeddings Among Finite Groups of Lie Type’, Ph.D. Thesis, Norges Handelshoyskole, Bergen, 1976.Google Scholar
- 17.Tallini, G., ‘Structure di Incidenza Dodate di Polarità’, Rend. Sem. Mat. Milano 41 (1971).Google Scholar
- 18.Thas, J., ‘On Generalized Quadrangles with Parameters s=q 2 and t=q 3’, Geometriae Dedicata 5 (1976), 485–496.Google Scholar
- 19.Timmesfeld, F., ‘Groups Generated by Root Involutions. I’, J. of Algebra 33, (1975), 75–134.Google Scholar
© D. Reidel Publishing Company 1979