Simultaneous high spatial resolution observations of solar flares in X-rays and microwaves (review)
- 30 Downloads
Results of simultaneous high-resolution microwave and X-ray two-dimensional imaging observations are briefly reviewed. It is shown that seven events published in the literature are not homogeneous but rather diverse with respect to spatial structure, mutual relations on position or shape. An outlook is presented for the next solar cycle to obtain a large data set for extensive study of energetic solar phenomena.
KeywordsMicrowave Flare Spatial Structure Extensive Study Solar Cycle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bai, 1985, preprint.Google Scholar
- Canfield, R. C. et al.:1986, The Solar Maximum Mission Flare Workshop Proceedings; Energetic Phenomena on the Sun, NASA Conf. Publ. 2439, 3–1.Google Scholar
- Kundu, M. R., Machado, M. F., Erskine, F. T., Rovira, M. G., and Schmahl, E. J.: 1984, Astron. Astrophys. 132, 132.Google Scholar
- Nakajima, H.: 1987, in this Proceedings.Google Scholar
- Ogawara, Y.:1987, in this Proceedings.Google Scholar