A clarification of certain issues related to the CO2—Climate problem
- 283 Downloads
In this paper we examine and clarify several arguments that have been put forth by Dr. S. B. Idso in an article appearing within this issue of Climatic Change.
KeywordsClimatic Change Clarification Climate Problem
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cess, R. D. and Potter, G. L.: 1984, ‘A Commentary on the Recent CO2-Climate Controversy’, Climatic Change 6, 365–376.Google Scholar
- Hamilton, K.: 1984, ‘Comments on “Do Increases in Atmospheric CO2 Have a Cooling Effect on Surface Air Temperature”’, Climatol. Bull. 18, 35–36.Google Scholar
- Idso, S. B.: 1984a, ‘An Empirical Evaluation of Earth's Surface Air Temperature Response to R adiative Forcing, Including Feedback, as Applied to the CO2-Climate Problem’, Archiv. Meteorol Geophys., Ser. B., 34, 1–19.Google Scholar
- Idso, S. B.: 1984b, ‘The Impetus for CO2-Induced Climatic Change: A Reply to Comments by Dr. Kevin Hamilton’, Climatol Bull. 18, 37–39.Google Scholar
- Idso, S. B.: 1987, ‘A Clarification of My Position on the CO2/Climate Connection’, Climatic Change 10, 81–86 (this issue).Google Scholar
- Kiehl, J. T. and Ramanathan, V.: 1982, ‘Radiative Heating due to Increased CO2: The Role of H2O Continuum in the 12–18 μm Region’, J. Atmos. Sci. 39, 2923–2929.Google Scholar
- Lal, M. and Ramanathan, V.: 1984, ‘The Effects of Moist Convection and Water Vapor Radiative Processes on Climate Sensitivity’, J. Atmos. Sci. 41, 2238–2249.Google Scholar
- Luther, F. M. and Cess, R. D.: 1985, ‘Review of the Recent Carbon Dioxide-Climate Controversy’, in M. C. MacCracken and F. M. Luther (eds.), Projecting the Climatic Effects of Increasing Carbon Dioxide U. S. Department of Energy Report DOE/ER-02037, 381 pp.Google Scholar
- MacCracken, M. D., Ellis, J. S., Ellsaesser, H. W., Luther, F. M., and Potter, G. L.: 1981, The Livermore Statistical Dynamical Climate Model, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Report UCID-19060.Google Scholar
- Ramanathan, V.: 1981, ‘The Role of Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions in the CO2 Climate Problem’, J. Atmos. Sci. 38, 918–930.Google Scholar
- Ramanathan, V.: 1982, See Cess and Potter's (1984) reference list for details on this.Google Scholar
- Schneider, S. H.: 1984, ‘“Natural Experiments” and CO2-Induced Climate Change: The Controversy Drags On An Editorial’, Climatic Change 6, 317–321.Google Scholar
© D. Reidel Publishing Company 1987