Production of cellulase and β-glucosidase activity during growth of the actinomycete Micromonospora chalcae on cellulose-containing media
- 59 Downloads
The actinomycete, Micromonospora chalcae produced an extracellular cellulase system when grown on cellulose-containing media. Cellulase activity reached a maximum after 8 days and the β-glucosidase activity was maximal within 16 to 18 days. β-Glucosidase activity was isolated and had a Km of 0.25mM for the substrate p-nitrophenyl-β-D-glucoside. The activity was optimal at pH 7.25 and 52°C.
KeywordsCellulase Cellulase Activity Cellulase Production Dyfed Glucosidase Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hurtubise, Y., Shareck, F., Kluepfel, D., Morosoli, R. (1995) Mol. Biol. 17, 367–377.Google Scholar
- Moldoveanu, N. & Kluepfel, D. (1990) FEBS Letts., 117, 319–322.Google Scholar
- McHale, A.P. & Coughlan, M.P. (1981) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 662, 145–151.Google Scholar
- Mikoc, A. & Kluepfel, D. (1990) Can. J. Microbiol. 46, 17–21.Google Scholar
- Sternberg, D. (1976) App. Env. Microbiol. 31, 648–654.Google Scholar