BARON: A general purpose global optimization software package
- 738 Downloads
The Branch-And-Reduce Optimization Navigator (BARON) is a computational system for facilitating the solution of nonconvex optimization problems to global optimality. We provide a brief description of the algorithms used by the software, describe the types of problems that can be currently solved and summarize our recent computational experience. BARON is available by anonymous ftp from aristotle. me. uiuc. edu.
Key wordsBranch-and-bound polynomial programming multiplicative programming mixedinteger nonlinear programming quadratic programming fixed-charge problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. C. Dorneich and N. V. Sahinidis (1995), Global optimization algorithms for chip layout and compaction. Engineering Optimization 25: 131–154Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Gutierrez and N. V. Sahinidis (1995), A branch-and-bound approach for machine selection in just-in-time manufacturing systems. Accepted in Int. J. Prod. Res.Google Scholar
- 3.IBM (1991), Optimization Subroutine Library Guide and Reference Release 2. International Business Machines Corporation, Kingston, NY, third edition.Google Scholar
- 4.M. L. Liu, N. V. Sahinidis, and J. P. Shectman (1995), Planning of chemical process networks via global concave minimization. In I. E. Grossmann, editor, Global Optimization in Engineering Design, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, MA.Google Scholar
- 5.B. A. Murtagh and M. A. Saunders (1995), MINOS 5.4 User's Guide. Technical Report SOL 83–20R, Systems Optimization Laboratory, Department of Operations Research, Stanford University, CA.Google Scholar
- 6.H. S. Ryoo and N. V. Sahinidis (1996), A branch-and-reduce approach to global optimization. Journal of Global Optimization 8, 107–138 (this issue).Google Scholar
- 7.H. S. Ryoo and N. V. Sahinidis (1995), Global optimization of nonconvex NLPs and MINLPs with applications in process design. Computers & Chemical Engineering 19: 551–566Google Scholar
- 8.J. P. Shectman and N. V. Sahinidis (1995), A finite algorithm for global minimization of separable concave programs. In C. A. Floudas and P. M. Pardalos, editors, Proceedings of State of the Art in Global Optimization: Computational Methods and Applications, Princeton University, April 28–30, 1995.Google Scholar