Average winter temperatures at De Bilt (the Netherlands): 1634–1977
- 250 Downloads
A very long series of average winter temperatures in the Netherlands is presented. The series is based on direct observations (1735–1977) and administrative data concerning Dutch canals (1634–1734). The sources and the reliability of the data are discussed. Some characteristics of the series are shown.
KeywordsDirect Observation Administrative Data Winter Temperature Average Winter Average Winter Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- GARP (ICSU/WMD): 1975, The physical basis of climate and climate modelling, GARP publication series No. 16.Google Scholar
- Labrijn, A.: 1945, The climate of the Netherlands during the last two and a half centuries. KNMI Mededelingen en Verhandelingen 49.Google Scholar
- De Vries, J.: 1977, Histoire du climat et ećonomie: des faits nouveaux, une interpretation différante. Annales Economies Sociétés Civilisations 32, 198–227.Google Scholar
- Manley, G.: 1974, Central England temperatures: monthly means 1659 to 1973. Quart. J. R. Met. Soc. 100, 389–405.Google Scholar
- Landsberg, H. E., and Kaylor, R. E.: 1977, Statistical analysis of Tokyo winter temperature approximations, 1443–1970. Geophys. Res. Letters 4, 105–107.Google Scholar
- Mason, B. J.: 1976, Towards the understanding and prediction of climatic variations. Quart. J. R. Met. Soc. 102, 473–498.Google Scholar