Compressive strength and diametral tensile strength of some calcium-orthophosphate cements: a pilot study
- 220 Downloads
More than 100 different formulations of calcium-orthophosphate cements were subjected to determinations of the compressive strength and the diametral tensile strength after storage at room temperature for 24 h under 100% relative humidity (RH). It was found that setting occurred on more than 15 combinations of reactants. Further, it was shown that the mechanical properties of the cements which were obtained were also dependent on the water/powder ratio, the content of seed material and the storage conditions. Other factors which are thought to be of importance are the particle form and the particle size of the powder constituents as well as the addition of modifiers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. E. Brown and L. C. Chow, US Patent 4 518 430, 21 May (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Fukase, E. D. Eanes, S. Takagi, L. C. Chow and W. E. Brown, J. Dent. Res. 69 (1990) 1852.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Doy, Y. Takezawa, S. Shibata, N. Wakamatsu, H. Kamemizu, T. Goto, M. Ijima, Y. Moriwaki, K. Uno, F. Kubo and Y. Haeuchi, J. Jpn. Soc. Dent. Mater. Dev. 6 (1987) 53.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Monma, A. Makishima, M. Mitomo and T. Ikegami, Nippon Seramikkusu Kyokai Gakujutsu Ronbunshi 96 (1988) 878.Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Mirtchi, J. Lemaitre and N. Terao, Biomaterials 10 (1989) 475.Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Mirtchi, J. Lemaitre and E. Munting, Biomaterials 10 (1989) 634.Google Scholar
- 7.N. Nishimura, T. Yamamuno, Y. Taguchi, M. Ykenaza. T. Nakamura, T. Kobubo and S. Yoshihara, J. Appl. Biomaterials 2 (1991) 219.Google Scholar
- 8.F. C. M. Driessens, M. G. Boltong, O. Bermudez and J. A. Planell, J. Mater. Sci. Mat. Med., submitted (1992).Google Scholar