Magnetic behavior of B phase of superfluid 3He in the nonlinear regime
- 20 Downloads
Assuming that the B phase of superfluid 3He is described by a spherical triplet state of Balian and Werthamer, the magnetic response of the B phase is formulated in terms of the rotation of the condensate spin axis. In a cylindrical geometry with the axis parallel to an external magnetic field two distinct equilibrium configurations are likely to be realized depending on the field strength. The ringing behavior of the magnetization after a sudden application (or removal) of an external field is considered for these two configurations. These two configurations give rise to different ringing behavior.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Field Strength Magnetic Material External Magnetic Field External Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Webb, R. L. Kleinberg, and J. C. Wheatley, Phys. Rev. Lett. 33, 145 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Webb, R. L. Kleinberg, and J. C. Wheatley, Phys. Lett. A 48, 421 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.A. J. Leggett, Phys. Rev. Lett. 31, 352 (1973) and Ann. Phys. 85, 11 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Maki and T. Tsuneto, Progr. Theor. Phys. 52, 773 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Balian and N. R. Werthamer, Phys. Rev. 131, 1553 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Maki and H. Ebisawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 50, 1452 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Takagi, Thesis, University of Tokyo (1974), unpublished.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Ambegaokar and N. D. Mermin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 30, 81 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.P. G. de Gennes and D. Rainer, Phys. Lett. 46A, 429 (1974); V. Ambegaokar, P. G. de Gennes, and D. Rainer, Phys. Rev. A 9, 2676 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.W. F. Brinkman, H. Smith, D. D. Osheroff, and E. I. Blount, Phys. Rev. Lett. 33, 624 (1974).Google Scholar