Magnetic properties of vacancies on the triangular plane 3He crystal
- 21 Downloads
The ground state of the plane quantum Fermi crystal with a triangular lattice is considered. Using symmetry properties, the ground state wave function is constructed and a variational estimate of the ground state energy is obtained. The ground state corresponds to an unsaturated ferromagnet with spin equal to one-third of the maximum spin. Some other nonalternate lattices are also considered. The spectrum of elementary excitations for a finite concentration of the vacancies is studied. The existence of low-lying spin excitations with a small gap is predicted. Ordinary gapless spin waves also exist.
KeywordsWave Function Magnetic Property State Energy Magnetic Material Variational Estimate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Guyer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 39, 1091 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.D. J. Thouless, Proc. Phys. Soc. Lond. 86, 898 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.J. B. Sokoloff and A. Widom, Phys. Rev. Lett. 35, 673 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Nagaoka, Phys. Rev. 147, 392 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Heritier and P. Lederer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 42, 1068 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Iordansky, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. Pisma 29, 361 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.W. F. Brinkman and T. M. Rice, Phys. Rev. B 2, 1324 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.A. F. Andreev and I. M. Lifshitz, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 56, 2058 (1969) Sov. Phys.—JETP 29, 1107 (1969).Google Scholar