Topological analysis of the cores of singularities in 3He-A
The methods of homotopy theory are employed to study the internal (core) structure of singularities. The technique is illustrated by several applications to line singularities in the A-phase of superfluid helium-3.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Topological Analysis Homotopy Theory Line Singularity
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.G. Toulouse and M. Kleman, J. Phys. Lett. (Paris) 37, L-149 (1976); M. Kleman, L. Michel, and G. Toulouse, J. Phys. Lett. (Paris) 38, L-195 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.G. E. Volovik and V. P. Mineyev, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 72, 2256 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.P. J. Hilton, An Introduction to Homotopy Theory (Cambridge University Press, 1953).Google Scholar
- 4.A. J. Leggett, Rev. Mod. Phys. 47, 331 (1975), and references cited therein.Google Scholar
- 5.M. C. Cross and W. F. Brinkman, J. Low Temp. Phys. 27, 683 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Stare, Ph.D. Thesis, Cornell Univ. (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.N. D. Mermin, Physica 90B + C, 1 (1977), Section 3.Google Scholar
- 8.N. D. Mermin and G. Stare, Phys. Rev. Lett. 30, 1135 (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.N. D. Mermin, J. Math. Phys. 19, 1457 (1978).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1978