Photographic observations of the cloud in the neighbourhood of libration point L 5 of the Earth-Moon system
- 31 Downloads
The paper contains results of three-colour photographic observations of positions and brightness of the cloud in the vicinity of the Earth-Moon libration point L5. The real character of the images obtained is confirmed by an agreement of their positions on different plates exposed at the same time. The colours of the cloud obtained are essentially different from those of the counterglow. The clouds appeared to be much redder than the counterglow, which may indicate that the particles constituting them are of different nature than those causing the counterglow.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Astapovich, I. C.: 1958, Astron. Tsirk. 190, 25.Google Scholar
- Coffey, H. E. and McKinnon, J. A. (eds.): 1987, Solar-geophysical Data prompt reports, 516-1.Google Scholar
- Fechtig, H.: 1987, Publ. Astr. Inst. of Czechoslovak Acad. Sci. 67, 253.Google Scholar
- Giese, R. H.: 1979, IAU Symposium No. 90, Solid Particles in the Solar System, 1.Google Scholar
- Gindilis, L. M.: 1962, Astron. Zhurn. Akad. Nauk SSSR 39, 93.Google Scholar
- Johnson, F. S. : 1960, Solar Radiation in Satellite Environment Handbook, Lockheed Missiles and Space Division.Google Scholar
- Kordylewski, K.: 1961, Acta Astr. 11, 165.Google Scholar
- Maucherat,A., Llebaria, A., and Gonin, J. C.: 1986, Astron. Astrophys. 167, 173.Google Scholar
- Roach, J. R.: 1975, Planet. Space Sci. 23, 173.Google Scholar
- Robley, R.: 1979, IAU Symposium No. 90, Solid Particles in the Solar System, 33.Google Scholar
- Tanabe, H.: 1965, Publ. Astron. Soc. Japan 17, 339.Google Scholar
- van der Hulst, H. C.: 1957, Light Scattering by Small Particles, John Wiley, New York.Google Scholar