Peroxidase activity in calluses and cell suspension cultures of radishRaphanus sativus var. Cherry Bell
- 48 Downloads
Calluses ofRaphanus sativus var. Cherry Bell were induced in a medium containing 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid and benzyladenine. The biomass and peroxidase activities were determined, both in agar cultures and cell suspension cultures. Different growth-regulator concentrations induced different responses measured as peroxidase activity in callus. The suspended-cell cultures showed the importance of selecting the cell line, in order to obtain an optimal response in extracellular peroxidase activity. The commercial production of this enzyme by utilizing plant cell tissue cultures is discussed.
Key wordsRaphanus sativus peroxidase callus cell suspension extracellular enzyme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yamada Y, Kobayashi S, Watanabe K, Hayashi U (1987) Production of horse-radish peroxidase by cell culture. J Chem Tech Biotechnol 38: 31–39Google Scholar
- 2.Gaspar Th, Penel C, Thorpe T, Greppin H (1982) Peroxidases 1970–1980. A Survey of their Biochemical and Physiological Roles in Higher Plants. Université de Genève, Centre de Botanique, Genève, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 4.Klibanov AM, Alberti BM, Morris ED, Felshin LM (1980) Enzymatic removal of toxic phenols and anilines from waste waters. J Appl Biochem 2: 414–421Google Scholar
- 5.Alberti BN, Klibanov AM (1981) Enzymatic removal of dissolved aromatics from industrial aqueous effluents. Biotechnol Bioeng Symp 11: 373–379Google Scholar
- 6.Murashige T, Skoog F (1962) A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol Plant 15: 473–497Google Scholar
- 8.Castillo FJ, Penel C, Greppin H (1984) Peroxidase release induced by ozone inSedum album leaves. Plant Physiol 74: 846–851Google Scholar
- 9.Chibbar RN, Cella R, Albany D, van Huysteé RB (1984) The growth and peroxidase synthesis by two carrot cell lines. J Exp Bot 35: 1846–1852Google Scholar
- 10.Van Huysteé RB (1987) Plant peroxidases. In: Isoenzymes; Current Topics in Biological and Medical Research. Vol 16 (pp 241–245) Agr Physiol MedGoogle Scholar
- 11.Bredemeijer GM, Burg HC, Sree Ramalu K, Dijkhuis P (1985) Release of peroxidase by cultured potato cells. Acta Bot Neerl 34: 325–335Google Scholar
- 15.Penel C (1986) The role of calcium in the control of peroxidase activity. In: Greppin H, Penel C, Gaspar Th (Eds) Molecular and Physiological Aspects of Plant Peroxidases (pp 155–164) University of Geneva, SeitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 16.Conard PA, Binari LLW, Racusen RH (1982) Rapidly-secreting cultured oat cells serve as a model system for the study of cellular exocytosis. Characterization of cells and isolated secretory vesicles. Protoplasma 112: 196–204Google Scholar