New morphometrical data of Lake Ladoga
- 49 Downloads
Depth distribution in Lake Ladoga reflects the geological structure of the lake basin. Bottom relief determines the distribution of bottom sediments, benthic organisms, horizontal temperature distribution and other characteristics and effects general current pattern in different seasons of the year. In this paper new values of mean depth, volume and area of Lake Ladoga and its parts are presented, and also the length and fractal dimension of the shoreline are determined. Based on the analysis of relative volume curves, the integrity of morphogenesis of the northern and the southern parts of Lake Ladoga despite their quite different bottom topography was established.
Key wordsLake Ladoga morphometrical parameters bathymetry fractal dimension of shoreline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chernyaeva, F. A., 1966. Morfometricheskaya kharakteristika Ladozhskogo ozera. In Gidrologicheskii rezim i vodnyi balans Ladozhskogo ozera. Leningrad University, Leningrad: 58–80. [Morphomeri characteristics of Lake Ladoga. In Russian].Google Scholar
- Feder, J., 1991. Fractals. Plenum press, New York, 260 pp.Google Scholar
- Håkanson, L., 1981. Lake Morphometry. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 78 pp.Google Scholar
- Kvasov, D. D. (ed.), 1990. Istoria Ladozhskogo, Onezhskogo, Pskovsko-Chudskogo ozer, Baikala i Khanki. Nauka, Leningrad, 280 pp. [History of the Lakes Ladoga, Onega, Pskov-Chud, Baikal and Khanki. In Russian].Google Scholar
- Molchanov, I. V., 1945. Ladozhskoye ozero. Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 559 pp. [Lake Ladoga. In Russian].Google Scholar