Ninety extra nucleotide inndhF gene of tobacco chloroplast DNA: a summary of revisions to the 1986 genome sequence
- 95 Downloads
Corrections to the published sequence of the tobacco chloroplast genendhF are presented, including a 90 bpAlu I restriction enzyme fragment internal to the gene that was apparently missed during the original sequencing effort. A summary of the corrections to the published tobacco chloroplast DNA that have come to light since its original publication is included.
Key wordstobacco chloroplast genome ndhF cpDNA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shinozaki K, Ohme M, Tanaka T, Wakasugi T, Hayashida N, Matsubayashi T, Zaita N, Chungwongse J, Obokata J, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Ohto C, Torazawa K, Meng BY, Sugita M, Deno H, Kamogashira T, Yamada K, Kusuda J, Takaiwa F, Kato A, Tohdoh N, Shimada H, Sugiura M: The complete nucleotide sequence of the tobacco chloroplast genome: its gene organization and expression. EMBO J 5: 2041–2049 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.Sugita M, Kato A, Shimada H, Sugiura M: Sequence analysis of the junctions between a large inverted repeat and single-copy regions in tobacco chloroplast DNA. Mol Gen Genet 194: 200–205 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Shimada H, Fukuta M, Ishikawa M, Sugiura M: Rice chloroplast RNA polymerase genes: the absence of an intron inrpoC1 and the presence of an extra sequence inrpoC2. Mol Gen Genet 221: 395–402 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.Wolfe KH, Morden CW, Ems SC, Palmer JD: Rapid evolution of the plastid translational apparatus in a nonphotosynthetic plant: loss or accelerated sequence evolution of tRNA and ribosomal protein genes. J Mol Evol 35: 304–317 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.Hayashida N, Matsubayashi T, Shinozaki K, Sugiura M, Inoue K, Hiyama T: The gene for the 9 kd polypeptide, a possible apoprotein for the iron-sulfur centers A and B of the photosystem I complex, in tobacco chloroplast DNA. Curr Genet 12: 247–250 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.Matsubayashi T, Wakasugi T, Shinozaki K, Yamaguchi-Shinozaki K, Zaita N, Hidaka T, Meng BY, Ohto C, Tanaka M, Kato A, Maruyama T, Sugiura M: Six chloroplast genes (ndhA-F) homologous to human mitochondrial genes encoding components of the respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase are actively expressed: determination of the splice sites in ndhA and ndhB pre-mRNAs. Mol Gen Genet 210: 365–393 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.Wolfe KH, Morden CW, Palmer JD: Small single-copy region of plastid DNA in the non-photosynthetic angiospermEpifagus virginiana contains only two genes: differences among dicots, monocots and bryophytes in gene organization at a non-bioenergetic locus. J Mol Biol 223: 95–104 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.Shimada H, Sugiura M: Fine structural features of the chloroplast genome: comparison of the sequenced chloroplast genomes. Nucl Acids Res 19: 983–995 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou DX, Massenet Q, Quigley F, Marion MJ, Moneger F, Huber P, Mache R: Characterisation of a large inversion in the spinach chloroplast genome relative toMarchantia: a possible transposon-mediated origin. Curr Genet 13: 433–439 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.Wolfe KH, Sharp PM: Identification of functional open reading frames in chloroplast genomes. Gene 66: 215–222 (1988).Google Scholar