Testing if an Array Is Sorted
- Sofya RaskhodnikovaAffiliated withComputer Science and Engineering Department, Pennsylvania State University Email author
KeywordsProperty testing, Sublinear-time algorithms, Monotonicity, Sorted arrays
Years and Authors of Summarized Original Work
2000; Ergün, Kannan, Kumar, Rubinfeld, Viswanathan2014; Berman, Raskhodnikova, Yaroslavtsev
The number of entries changed
The sum of the absolute values of changes in all entries
It is not hard to see that looking at the number of entries that must be deleted in an array to make it sorted is equivalent to the measure in item 1.
To define the two distance measures formally, let ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2015 (Latest)History
- 2015 (Latest)
- Testing if an Array Is Sorted
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Algorithms
- pp 1-5
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Property testing, Sublinear-time algorithms, Monotonicity, Sorted arrays
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.