Sustainable Energy Management and CSR
Development of new renewable energy technologies; Doing business responsibly and up-keeping energy for the future; Ensuring responsible continuing power supply or source for the future; Helping to offset the carbon footprint caused by unsustainable energy sources; Possible future expansions; Sustainable development
Sustainable means that something can continue to be used or relied upon as a resource without being depleted or run out. A material or resource (such as energy) is sustainable if it can be created, used, or harvested without damaging the environment; if it is renewable, its supply will not run out. And if it has an afterlife, its afterlife form(s) does not have ill effects or more specifically harm the environment such as polluting the rivers or water stream.
Unsustainable energy resources include, among other things, petroleum which is derived from fossil fuels and coal. Limited in supply, they are also not sustainable for various other rea ...
- Silva, LC, Petra, MI, Punchihewa, GA In: Kim, JH eds. (2009) Ambient intelligence in a smart home for energy efficiency and eldercare. pp. 187-194
- DeSilva, L. C., et al. State of the art of smart homes. Elsevier Eng. Appl. Artif. Intel. (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engappai.2012.05.002.
- Going green at Google, http://www.google.com/corporate/green/. Accessed 15 July 2010.
- http://www.british-energy.com/documents/CSR_Highlights_Report_28_07_09_FINAL.pdf Accessed 12 July 2010.
- http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2008/03/the-ugly-side-o.html Accessed 12 July 2010.
- Mathew, S (2006) Wind energy: Fundamentals, resource analysis and economics. Springer, New York
- Singh, R (1999) The Dalai Lama. The path to tranquility – daily wisdom. The Penguin Group, USA
- Tata power energy club, http://school.tatapowerenergyclub.com/media-corner/press-01apr-10.asp. Accessed 15 July 2010.
- Sustainable Energy Management and CSR
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Corporate Social Responsibility
- pp 2443-2449
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. London Metropolitan Business School, London Metropolitan University
- 2. Loyala University New Orleans
- 3. International Labor Organization, International Training Center
- 4. Indian Institute of Plantation Management
- Author Affiliations
- 05711. Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Sultanat Brunei Darussala, Jalan Tungku Link, BE1410, Gadong, Negara Brunei Darussalam, Brunei
- 05712. Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Gadong, Brunei Darussalam
- 05713. University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.