Equipment for Adhesive Bonding
- Manfred Peschka
- … show all 1 hide
This chapter describes the equipment required for manual adhesive bonding processes. For some readers, the comments about equipment may seem trivial, but they are important as nonobservance of these points can in practice lead to flawed bonded joints.
The individual components which make up mixing and dosing systems have been described and their special features outlined in an attempt to quantify the hitherto qualitative descriptions that have prevailed in the literature.
Thereafter, some basics of automation and robotics are outlined with a special excursion on the topic parameters affecting accuracy. Terminal opportunities of accelerated curing are explained using the examples of UV radiation and inductive heating.
- Cognard P (ed) (2006) Adhesives and Sealants: General Knowledge, Application Techniques, New Curing Techniques: General Knowledge, Application of Adhesives, New Curing Techniques In: Handbook of adhesives and sealants, vol 2. Gebundene Ausgabe von Philippe Cognard von Elsevier Science & Technology.
- Endlich W (1998) Kleb- und Dichtstoffe in der modernen Technik; ein Praxishandbuch der Kleb- und Dichtstoffanwendung. Vulkan-Verlag
- Equipment for Adhesive Bonding
- Reference Work Title
- Handbook of Adhesion Technology
- Reference Work Part
- Part G
- pp 977-995
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Accelerated curing
- automating adhesive application
- induction heating
- metering accuracy
- mixing devices
- UV radiation
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 100. Department of Mechanical Engineering (DEMec), Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP)
- 101. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- 102. Emeritus Professor of Applied Mechanics, University of Bristol Queen's Building University Walk
- Manfred Peschka (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Fraunhofer Institute, Wiener Straße 12, 28359, Bremen, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.