Topical Growth Factors for Skin Rejuvenation
- Vijayeta RangarajanAffiliated withNEOCUTIS Inc.
- , Frank DreherAffiliated withNEOCUTIS Inc.
Growth factors are polypeptides or proteins, which play a key role in the regulation of a number of physiological processes operating at extremely low concentrations . Together with cytokines, they are important regulators of cell division, differentiation, chemotaxis and adhesion, cellular trafficking, cell activation, apoptosis, cell survival, and transformation. They typically mediate interactions between cells within a specific tissue microenvironment, thereby, binding its corresponding receptor located on the outer surface of the target cell, which ultimately results in a biological response in a complex cascade of events.
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Topical Growth Factors for Skin Rejuvenation
- Reference Work Title
- Textbook of Aging Skin
- pp 1079-1087
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. The Procter & Gamble Company
- 2. The Procter & Gamble Company
- 3. Department of Dermatology, University of California, School of Medicine
- Author Affiliations
- 1. NEOCUTIS Inc., 3053 Fillmore Street #, San Francisco, CA, 94123, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.