Inspecting Glass Bottles and Jars
- Bruce G. BatchelorAffiliated withSchool of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University Email author
Despite the popularity of plastic containers, glass bottles and jars remain important for sealing and preserving food products, toiletries and pharmaceuticals. The raw materials are abundant and inexpensive. Although it is brittle, glass is strong and chemically inert, resistant to microbial attack and impervious to water, oil, alcohol, etc. It can be moulded to form a wide variety of useful shapes. It also has the attractive feature of being transparent, which allows the contents to be presented in a visually appealing way. It can also be coloured for cosmetic effect.
Malformations (These are often due to moulding faults as when molten glass is injected into the mould when it is too hot, or ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Inspecting Glass Bottles and Jars
- Reference Work Title
- Machine Vision Handbook
- pp 1201-1220
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer London
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag London Ltd.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Computer Science and Informatics, Cardiff University, Queen’s Buildings, 5 The Parade, Cardiff, CF24 3AA, Wales, UK
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.