- Sam Cyrous
- … show all 1 hide
An ancient religion which should not be mistaken with the Sabaeanism of Sabá (or Sheba), nor with the Sabianism (with “i” in English rather than with “e”) originated from the group of followers of John the Baptist who did not accept Jesus as the Christ.
Term Confusion and History
The confusion of the three is a constant through the literature and it is primarily due to a translation mistake of the Koran by Marmaduke Pickthall – the term mentioned in the Koran refers to the religious group and it is written with the Arabic letter sad, and Sabá is written with sin and is referred to the people of Sabá, Yemen. Other cause of confusion results from the fact that the Ansar tribe of Sabá adopted the Koranic Sabeanism as a religion. A third cause can be pointed in the fact that the followers of John the Baptist, being persecuted and expelled from Palestine, have settled down in the city of Harran, where Sabeanism was the dominant religion and also, after the conquest o ...
- Cárdenas, B. V. (n.d.). Apuntes sobre los Sabeanos. Bahá'í Library Online. Retrieved from http://bahai-library.com/file.php5?file=villar-cardenas_apuntes_sobre_sabeanos&language.
- Departamento de Pesquisa da Casa Universal de Justiça. (2006). Sabeísmo, Buda, Krishna, Zoroastro e Assuntos Correlatos. Mogi Mirim: Editora Bahá'í do Brasil.
- Frankl, V. E. (2001). Psicoterapia y existencialismo – Escritos selectos sobre la logoterapia. Barcelona: Editorial Herder.
- Frankl, V. E. (2002). La voluntad del sentido – Conferencias escogidas sobre logoterapia. Barcelona: Editorial Herder.
- Guberman, M., & Soto, E. P. (2005). Diccionario de logoterapia. Buenos Aires: Grupo Editorial Lumen Hvmanitas.
- Gündüz, Ş. (1994). The knowledge of life. The origins and early history of the Mandaeans and their relations to the Sabians of the Qur’an and to the Harranians. Oxford.
- Hornby, H. H. (1994). Lights of guidance: A Bahá’í reference file. India: Bahá’í Publishing Trust/Thomson Press.
- King James Bible.
- Mehrabkhání, R. (1995). Los sabeos y el Sabeísmo. Apuntes Bahá'ís, II Época. Rivista N°4, 53–72.
- Research Department of The Universal House of Justice. (1996). MEMORANDUM to David Garcia.
- The Qur´an. (n.d.) (trans: Ali, Y.).
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion
- pp 1567-1570
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.