Pediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory (PEDI)
- Daniel MruzekAffiliated withDepartment of Pediatrics (SMD), University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry Email author
- , Christen SzymanskiAffiliated withDepartment of Pediatrics (SMD), University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry
The Pediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory (PEDI; Haley, Coster, Ludlow, Haltiwanger, & Andrellos, 1992) is a clinical assessment instrument designed for use with children aged 6 months to 7.5 years who have disabilities resulting in delays or impairments in functional independence. Specific applications of the PEDI include ascertaining the extent of functional delay in children, monitoring progress in rehabilitation and intervention programs, and measuring outcomes in therapeutic and educational programs. Though the instrument also may be given as part of an initial developmental or diagnostic assessment, caution is warranted because extensive validation studies of using the PEDI for this purpose have not been completed.
Administration of the PEDI is typically completed through a 45–60-min structured interview with the parent or primary caregiver, direct assessment by therapists or educators who are familiar with the child, or a combinati ...
- Pediatric Evaluation of Disability Inventory (PEDI)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- pp 2147-2150
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Fred R. Volkmar (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology Yale University School of Medicine, Chief, Child Psychiatry Children's Hospital at Yale-New Haven Child Study Center
- Author Affiliations
- 00351. Department of Pediatrics (SMD), University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 671, Rochester, NY, 14642, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.