- Tony CharmanAffiliated withCentre for Research in Autism and Education, Department of Psychology and Human Institute of Education, University of London Email author
The Infant Toddler Checklist (ITC) is a one page developmental screener that asks about early social communication development. It has been normed on over 2,000 infants and toddlers and can be used with children between 6 and 24 months of age.
Wetherby and colleagues (Wetherby, Brosnan-Maddox, Peace, & Newton, 2008; Wetherby et al., 2004) developed an early screening tool that can be used from 6 to 24 months of age – the Infant Toddler Checklist (ITC). The ITC is a broader developmental screen that successfully identifies children with developmental, in particular language and communication, delays as well as children with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The ITC is one component of the suite of early social communication assessments, known as the Communication and Symbolic Behavior Scales-Developmenta ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Infant/Toddler Checklist
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- p 1585
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Fred R. Volkmar (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology Yale University School of Medicine, Chief, Child Psychiatry Children's Hospital at Yale-New Haven Child Study Center
- Dr. Tony Charman (02761)
- Author Affiliations
- 02761. Centre for Research in Autism and Education, Department of Psychology and Human Institute of Education, University of London, 25 Woburn Square, WC1H 0AA, London, UK
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.