Perceptual Organization Index (POI)
- Sara D. Rosenblum-FishmanAffiliated withPsychology, University of Massachusetts Boston Email author
- , Danielle ForbesAffiliated withPsychology, University of Massachusetts Boston
The Perceptual Organization Index is part of the Performance Scale of the Wechsler cognitive assessment measures, the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 3rd edition (WISC-III, 1991), and the Wechsler Adult Intelligent Scale, 3rd edition (WAIS-III, 1997). The POI measures visual-spatial organization and visual-motor skills within a time limit. For the WISC-III, the subtests Picture Completion, Picture Concepts, Block Design, and Object Assembly load onto the POI. For the WAIS-III, the subtests Picture Completion, Block Design, and Matrix Reasoning load onto the POI.
The WISC-III and WAIS-III are older versions of the Wechsler cognitive assessment measures, and have since been replaced by the WISC-IV (2003) and WAIS-IV (2008). For both the WISC-IV and the WAIS-IV, the Perceptual Organization Index has been renamed the Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI). The PRI measures fluid reasoning (use of sequential, inductive, and deductive reasoning) and ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Perceptual Organization Index (POI)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- pp 2190-2191
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Fred R. Volkmar (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology Yale University School of Medicine, Chief, Child Psychiatry Children's Hospital at Yale-New Haven Child Study Center
- Author Affiliations
- 02411. Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.