Perceptual Organization Index (POI)
The Perceptual Organization Index is part of the Performance Scale of the Wechsler cognitive assessment measures, the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 3rd edition (WISC-III, 1991), and the Wechsler Adult Intelligent Scale, 3rd edition (WAIS-III, 1997). The POI measures visual-spatial organization and visual-motor skills within a time limit. For the WISC-III, the subtests Picture Completion, Picture Concepts, Block Design, and Object Assembly load onto the POI. For the WAIS-III, the subtests Picture Completion, Block Design, and Matrix Reasoning load onto the POI.
The WISC-III and WAIS-III are older versions of the Wechsler cognitive assessment measures, and have since been replaced by the WISC-IV (2003) and WAIS-IV (2008). For both the WISC-IV and the WAIS-IV, the Perceptual Organization Index has been renamed the Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI). The PRI measures fluid reasoning (use of sequential, inductive, and deductive reasoning) and ...
- Perceptual Organization Index (POI)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- pp 2190-2191
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Fred R. Volkmar (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology Yale University School of Medicine, Chief, Child Psychiatry Children's Hospital at Yale-New Haven Child Study Center
- Author Affiliations
- 02411. Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.