Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS): Toddler Module
- Dr. Rhiannon Luyster
- … show all 1 hide
The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – Toddler Module (or ADOS-T; Luyster et al., 2009) is a semi-structured assessment of social engagement, communication, and play using a set of planned “presses” within a naturalistic social interaction. It is intended for children under 30 months of age who have nonverbal mental age of at least 12 months. Other guidelines for use include independent walking and minimal language; once the child masters three-word phrases, the Toddler Module is no longer considered appropriate.
Eleven activities are included in the Toddler Module, along with 41 overall codes. Two algorithms are associated with the module, including one for all children between 12 and 20 months of age and nonverbal children between 21 and 30 months of age and a second algorithm for verbal children between 21 and 30 months of age. These algorithms include formal cutoffs, which are primarily intended for research use and provide binary cl ...
- Gotham, K, Risi, S, Pickles, A, Lord, C (2007) The Autism diagnostic observation schedule: Revised algorithms for improved diagnostic validity. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 37: pp. 613-627
- Lord, C., Luyster, R., Gotham, K., Guthrie, W., Risi, S., & Rutter, M. (2012). Autism diagnostic observation schedule – Toddler module manual. Los Angeles, CA: Western Psychological Services.
- Lord, C, Risi, S, Lambrecht, L, Cook, EHJ, Leventhal, BL, DiLavore, P (2000) The Autism diagnostic observation schedule-generic: A standard measure of social and communication deficits associated with the spectrum of Autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 30: pp. 205-223
- Luyster, R, Gotham, K, Guthrie, W, Coffing, M, Petrak, R, Pierce, K (2009) The Autism diagnostic observation schedule-toddler module: A new module of a standardized diagnostic measure for autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 39: pp. 1305-1320
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS): Toddler Module
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- pp 356-358
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Fred R. Volkmar (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology Yale University School of Medicine, Chief, Child Psychiatry Children's Hospital at Yale-New Haven Child Study Center
- Dr. Rhiannon Luyster (20111)
- Author Affiliations
- 20111. Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Emerson College, 120 Boylston St, Boston, MA, 02116, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.