Test of Early Mathematics Ability-3
- Dr. Louise Spear-Swerling
- … show all 1 hide
The Test of Early Mathematics Ability, Third Edition (TEMA-3, Ginsburg & Baroody, 2003), is a standardized, individually administered norm-referenced test of mathematics performance, with norms for children who are 3–8 years old. The test takes about 40 min to administer and is intended to tap both informal and formal mathematics. Informal mathematics involves skills and knowledge typically acquired outside of school, such as counting skills and understanding of relative magnitude (e.g., 7 is more than 3). Formal mathematics involves skills and knowledge that children usually learn in school, such as base ten concepts (e.g., identifying ones, tens, and hundreds in a written numeral) and procedures for adding or subtracting two-digit numbers with regrouping (e.g., calculating the correct answer for 23 + 49 or 60 − 27). It should be noted, however, that the test yields only a comprehensive (total) score, not individual subtest scores for different areas of math....
- Brassard, M., & Boehm, A. (2007). Preschool assessment: Principles and practices. New York: Guilford.
- Dumont, R., & Willis, O. (2007). Test of early mathematics ability, third edition (test review). In C. R. Reynolds & E. Fletcher-Janzen (Eds.), Encyclopedia of special education (Vol. 3, pp. 1992–1993). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Ginsburg, H., & Baroody, A. (2003). Test of early mathematics ability (3rd ed.). Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.
- Test of Early Mathematics Ability-3
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- pp 3088-3089
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Fred R. Volkmar (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Irving B. Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology Yale University School of Medicine, Chief, Child Psychiatry Children's Hospital at Yale-New Haven Child Study Center
- Dr. Louise Spear-Swerling (17831)
- Author Affiliations
- 17831. Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.