- Dr. Rivka Bertisch Meir Ph.D., MPH, LMHC
- … show all 1 hide
Basic Biographical Information
Stanley C. Krippner, an American psychologist, was born on October 4, 1932 in Edgerton, Wisconsin, of Norwegian, German, and Irish ancestry. In 1954, he received his B.S. in speech education at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and worked as a public school speech therapist before attending graduate school, receiving his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Northwestern University in 1957 (in counseling and guidance) and 1961 (in educational psychology) where he was the graduate assistant for Paul A. Witty, the first of his distinguished mentors. While at Northwestern University, he met Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., attended all of his on-campus seminars, then personally guided him on a tour of the campus; he credits King for stimulating his interest in social activism, a theme that was to characterize Krippner’s later work on behalf of children with special needs, combat veterans, Native Americans, and other marginalized groups. In ...
- Cardena, E., Lynn, S. J., & Krippner, S. (Eds.). (2000). Varieties of anomalous experience: Examining the scientific evidence. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Krippner, S. (1967). Time, space, and dyslexia: Central nervous system problems in reading disability. In C. A. Ketcham (Ed.), Professional variety in reading: Proceedings of the College Reading Association (pp. 28–48). Rochester: College Reading Association.
- Krippner, S. (2002a). Stigmatic phenomena: an alleged case in Brazil. Journal of Scientific Exploration, 16, 207–224.
- Krippner, S. (2002b). Conflicting perspectives on shamans and shamanism: points and counterpoints. The American Psychologist, 57, 961–977. CrossRef
- Krippner, S., & Combs, A. (2000). Self-organization in the dreaming brain. Journal of Mind and Behavior, 21, 399–412.
- Krippner, S., & Paulson, D. S. (2006). Posttraumatic stress disorder among U.S. combat veterans. In T. G. Plante (Ed.), Mental disorders of the new millennium (Public and social problems, Vol. 2, pp. 1–23). Westport: Praeger.
- Krippner, Stanley
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of the History of Psychological Theories
- pp 612-614
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.