Benjamin, Ludy T. Jr.
- Dr. Alan J. Feldman
- … show all 1 hide
Basic Biographical Information
Ludy T. Benjamin, Jr. was born on December 26, 1945, at Corpus Christi, Texas. Benjamin is the son of Ludy T. Benjamin (a US Navy photographer and WWII and Korean War veteran) and Mary Kate Jones (a homemaker). He received a B.A. degree in psychology from the University of Texas in 1966 and a Ph.D. degree in experimental psychology from Texas Christian University in 1971 with a specialization in perception. Benjamin is married to Priscilla Kay Finlay, a retired elementary school teacher and librarian. They have two daughters and two grandsons.
Dr. Benjamin is an American educator (professor and department head, Presidential Professor of Teaching Excellence, Texas A&M University) and researcher best known for his work in the history and teaching of psychology.
Ludy T. Benjamin, Jr. is known for his work in two areas, the history of psychology and the teaching of psychology, and he has receive ...
- Benjamin, LT (1981) Teaching history of psychology: A handbook. Academic, New York
- Benjamin, LT (1987) A teacher is forever: The legacy of Harry Kirke Wolfe, 1858-1918. Teaching of Psychology 14: pp. 68-74 CrossRef
- Benjamin, LT (1991) Harry Kirke Wolfe: Pioneer in psychology. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln
- Benjamin, LT eds. (1992) A history of American psychology. Special centennial issue of the American psychologist. American Psychological Association, Washington
- Benjamin, LT (2007) A brief history of modern psychology. Blackwell, Malden
- Benjamin, LT (2009) A history of psychology: Original sources and contemporary research. Wiley-Blackwell, Malden
- Benjamin, LT, Baker, DB (2004) From séance to science: A history of the profession of psychology in America. Wadsworth, Belmont
- Benjamin, LT, Lowman, KD eds. (1981) Activities handbook for the teaching of psychology. American Psychological Association, Washington
- Benjamin, LT, Nielsen-Gammon, E (1999) B. F. Skinner and psychotechnology: The case of the heir conditioner. Review of General Psychology 3: pp. 155-167 CrossRef
- Benjamin, LT, Hopkins, JR, Nation, JR (1994) Psychology. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs
- Benjamin, LT, Henry, KD, McMahon, LR (2005) Inez Beverly Prosser and the education of African Americans. Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences 41: pp. 43-62 CrossRef
- Green, CD, Benjamin, LT eds. (2009) Psychology gets in the game: Sport, mind, and behavior, 1880–1960. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln
- Benjamin, Ludy T. Jr.
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of the History of Psychological Theories
- pp 112-113
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.