Lutheran Social Services/Lutheran Services in America
- Timothy R. Dahlstrom
- … show all 1 hide
Address of Organization
Lutheran Services in America 700 Light Street Baltimore, MD 21230 USA www.lutheranservices.org
Lutheran Social Services organizations are diverse and independent, geographically based ministries which provide a variety of health and human service needs to communities in the United States of America and the Caribbean. Services provided by these organizations are open to everyone, regardless of religious affiliation.
Lutheran Social Services organizations are affiliates of Lutheran Services in America (LSA), and partners of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) or recognized by the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS).
The LSA and its affiliates are tax exempt, not-for-profit organizations qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Lutheran Social Services organizations have their roots in the congregational outreach efforts of Lutheran immigrants from Germany an ...
- Blom, P. (2006). God in the raging waters: Stories of love and service following hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Minneapolis, MN: Augsburg Fortress.
- McCurley, F. (Ed.) (2008). Social ministry in the Lutheran tradition. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
- Lutheran Social Services/Lutheran Services in America
- Reference Work Title
- International Encyclopedia of Civil Society
- pp 956-957
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.