Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Leigh Hersey
- … show all 1 hide
Address of Organization
4300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300 Arlington, VA 22203 USA www.afpnet.com
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is a membership-based organization that advances philanthropy. With more than 30,000 members, it is the largest organization in the world that represents the charitable fundraiser. The organization sets high standards for fundraising and emphasizes continuous growth of the fundraising professional.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) was founded as the National Society of Fund Raisers (NSFR) in 1960, as the first association that represented the needs of the professional charitable fundraiser. The organization was formed by three fundraisers – William R. Simms of the National Urban League, Benjamin Sklar of Brandeis University and Harry Rosen of the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies. Dr. Abel Hanson served as the first president. The organization served as ...
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, from www.afpnet.org
- CFRE International, from www.cfre.org
- Chobot, R. B. (2004). Fundraising credentialing. New Directions for Philanthropic Fundraising, 43, 31–49.
- The Non-profit Times. (2000). NSFRE to officially become AFP. The Non-profit Times, 14(21), 5.
- The Non-profit Times. (2008). The 2008 NPT Power & Influence Top 50. The Non-profit Times, 22(15), 17–22.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Reference Work Title
- International Encyclopedia of Civil Society
- pp 38-39
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Heidelberg
- 2. Hertie School of Governance
- 3. George Mason University
- Leigh Hersey (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Public Affairs, Arizona State University, 8607 E. Thomas Road, 85251, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.