- Barbara A. Metelsky
- … show all 1 hide
Address of Organization
340 W. Michigan St., Canal Level, Suite A Indianapolis, IN 46202 USA www.arnova.org
The Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) is a nonprofit professional membership organization dedicated to advancing scholarship on nonprofit organizations and voluntary action. ARNOVA members include scholars and practitioners from the United States and abroad who conduct research on issues affecting the nonprofit sector. This research often informs nonprofit policy and practice.
In 1971, ARNOVA was founded as the Association for Voluntary Action Scholars (AVAS) by David Horton Smith. Funding for AVAS was provided by the Center for a Voluntary Society. Major historical milestones include: (a) the publication of the first issue of the Journal of Voluntary Action Research in 1972; (b) the convening of the first annual conference in 1974; (c) the journal’s name change t ...
- Association for Research on Nonprofits and Voluntary Action. 2007 annual report: A year of change and progress, from http://www.arnova.org/pdf/07AnnualReport.pdf; 12/10/2008
- Johnson, T. E. Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA). In: Burlingame, D. eds. (2004) Philanthropy in America: A comprehensive historical encyclopedia (Vol. 1, pp. 35–37). ABC-CLIO, Santa Barbara, CA
- Smith, D. H. (2003) A history of ARNOVA. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 32: pp. 458-472
- Van Til, J. (1993) ARNOVA and its journal: Some reflections. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 22: pp. 201-205
- Reference Work Title
- International Encyclopedia of Civil Society
- pp 31-32
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.