- Glen E. GetzAffiliated withDepartment of Psychiatry, Allegheny General Hospital
Barona Index is a demographically based regression method to estimate premorbid intelligence in terms of index scores on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (WAIS-R).
Attempts have long been made to estimate premorbid intellectual functioning. A frequent method in clinical practice is to estimate the level of premorbid cognitive skill by subjectively considering aspects of the individual’s history such as education and occupation. Another common approach to estimate premorbid IQ is to use tests of present ability, which are thought to be relatively resistant to change even during the phases of a psychiatric disorder or those following a neurologically based disorder. A variant is the best performance method in which the highest score obtained by an individual is assumed to be the most likely premorbid level (Best Performance Method). Research has been inconsiste ...
- Barona Index
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Clinical Neuropsychology
- pp 343-345
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 671. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Professor of Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry Virginia Commonwealth University – Medical Center Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 672. Kessler Foundation Research Center
- 673. Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Neurology and Neuroscience, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – New Jersey Medical School
- 674. Independent Practice
- Glen E. Getz (211)
- Author Affiliations
- 211. Department of Psychiatry, Allegheny General Hospital, Four Allegheny Center, 15212, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.