Association for Retarded Citizens (ARC)
- Lynna Lan Tien Nguyen Do
- … show all 1 hide
The Arc is the world’s largest community based organization of and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. It provides an array of services and support for families and individuals and includes over 140,000 members affiliated through more than 850 state and local chapters across the nation. The Arc is devoted to promoting and improving supports and services for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Arc’s vision is that every individual and family affected by intellectual disability in the United States has access to the information, advocacy, and skills they need to participate as active citizens of our democracy and active members of their community. We work to ensure that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families have the supports they need to live an ordinary, decent American life:
People with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families are valued, respected and in ...
- Association for Retarded Citizens (ARC)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development
- p 154
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 480. Neurology, Learning and Behavior Center
- 481. Department of Psychology MS 2C6, George Mason University
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Clinical Psychology, Walden University, 3128 Isherwood Way, Fremont, CA, 94536, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.