- Peter T. HigginsAffiliated withHiggins, Hermansen, Banikas, LLC
- 1.Job Applicants: When people apply for a position of trust (e.g., a school teacher, a lawyer, or bank teller) a background check is part of the way of determining if the applicant is suitable – a positive result. These are known as Applicant or Civil Background Checks. In the US:
If there is a state or federal law requiring a national check then applicant fingerprints (with minimal supporting biographic information) can be submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for a search.
If the applicants are seeking federal employment then their biographic data and fingerprints can be submitted to the FBI for a search.
If the applicants are applying for a job not covered by a state or federal law they ar ...
- Background Checks
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Biometrics
- pp 49-55
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Center for Biometrics and Security Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 2. Departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Michigan State University
- Peter T. Higgins (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Higgins, Hermansen, Banikas, LLC, VA, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.