Biometric Sample Acquisition
- Dale Setlak
- … show all 1 hide
Biometric data acquisition; Biometric data capture; Biometric front end; Biometric sensing; Fingerprint capture; Fingerprint reading; Fingerprint scan; Image capture; Iris capture; Iris scan
Biometric sample acquisition is the process of capturing information about a biological attribute of the subject, as it exists within a specific time frame. The objective is to measure data that can be used to derive unique properties of the subject that are stable and repeatable over time and over variations in acquisition conditions.
Typically, the capture process measures a physical property that is affected by the biological characteristic of interest, and converts the measured data into a format that is suitable for analysis – typically a digital electronic format compatible with computerized analysis.
For simplicity, in this discussion, it is assumed that behavioral biometrics are biological attributes that have a temporal dimension and are included in the dis ...
- Fraden, J. (2004) Handbook of Modern Sensors – Physics, Designs, and Applications. Springer, Heidelberg
- Austerlitz, H. (2003) Data Acquisition techniques using PCs. Academic, London
- Webster, J.G. (1998) The Measurement Instrumentation And Sensors Handbook. CRC, Boca Raton
- Ball, S. (2003) Analog Interfacing to Embedded Microprocessor Systems. Newnes, Oxford
- Ratha, N., Bolle, R. (2003) Automatic Fingerprint Recognition Systems. Springer, Heidelberg
- Wilson, J.S. (2005) Sensor Technology Handbook. Newnes, Elsevier, Oxford, UK
- Pearson, S. (2003) Trusted Computing Platforms: TCPA Technology in Context; HP Professional Series. Prentice Hall, New Jersey
- Biometric Sample Acquisition
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Biometrics
- pp 96-101
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.