Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi)
- Jacqueline A Conley
- … show all 1 hide
The Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi) is an organization that serves Black psychologists and the larger Black community. It was established in 1968 by a small group of Black psychologists from across the United States (U.S.). Its mission is to seek liberation of the African mind, to empower the African character, and to illuminate the African spirit. To achieve its goals, ABPsi hopes to promote and advance the profession of African psychology, influence and affect social change, and develop programs to assist with problem solving in Black communities and other ethnic groups.
The ABPsi's continued growth demonstrates the importance of providing mentorship and a medium for communication among students in the field of psychology. As a result, the Student Circle was launched in 1993. The Student Circle provides opportunities for psychology students in the association to serve in leadership roles and obtain mentorship.
The ABPsi has three media to communicate and disseminate informat ...
- Psychdiscourse—http://www.PsychDiscourse.net.: PsychDiscourse is the official news journal of The Association of Black Psychologists.
- Association of Black Psychologists—www.abpsi.org: This website provides a list of Black psychologists by state for consumers seeking professional services. Membership applications, job postings, and other valuable information can also be found.
- Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
- p 131
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Department of Educational Psychology, The State University of New Jersey
- Jacqueline A Conley (233)
- Author Affiliations
- 233. School of Arts and Sciences, Department of Psychology, Chicago State University, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.