- Jari VeijalainenAffiliated withCollege of Computing, Georgia Institute of TechnologyUniversity of Jyvaskyla
Electronic commerce transactions; EC transactions
“An electronic transaction is the sale or purchase of goods or services, whether between businesses, households, individuals, governments, and other public or private organizations, conducted over computer mediated networks. The goods and services are ordered over those networks, but the payment and the ultimate delivery of the good or service may be conducted on or off-line.” 
A mobile e-Commerce transaction is an e-Commerce transaction that is initiated and performed using a mobile device, such as a mobile phone or a laptop, over a wireless access network or a short-range wireless link.
E-commerce transaction was defined by OECD  from business and statistical perspective. The parties above can be individual customers (C), companies (B), or governments (A). One speaks accordingly about B2C, B2A, B2B, C2C e-Commerce and e-Commerce transactions. Historically, Electronic Data Inte ...
- e-Commerce Transactions
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Database Systems
- pp 960-961
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2. Database Research Group David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- Jari Veijalainen (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.