- Dan RusslerAffiliated withOracle Health Sciences
The act of measuring, questioning, evaluating, or otherwise observing a patient or a specimen from a patient in healthcare; the act of making a clinical judgment.
The result, answer, judgment, or knowledge gained from the act of observing a patient or a specimen from a patient in healthcare.
Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) (www.loinc.org) focus on observation as the “act of observing.” Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine (SNOMED) (www.ihtsdo.org) asserts that “General finding of observation of patient” is a synonym ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
- Clinical Observation
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Database Systems
- pp 359-360
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2. Database Research Group David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- Dan Russler (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Oracle Health Sciences, Redwood Shores, CA, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.