PaToH (Partitioning Tool for Hypergraphs)
- Ümit ÇatalyürekAffiliated withDepartment of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University
- , Cevdet AykanatAffiliated withComputer Engineering Department, Bilkent University
PaToH is a sequential, multilevel, hypergraph partitioning tool that can be used to solve various combinatorial scientific computing problems that could be modeled as hypergraph partitioning problem, including sparse matrix partitioning, ordering, and load balancing for parallel processing.
Hypergraph partitioning has been an important problem widely encountered in VLSI layout design . Recent works since the late 1990s have introduced new application areas, including one-dimensional and two-dimensional partitioning of sparse matrices for parallel sparse-matrix vector multiplication [6–8, 12], sparse matrix reordering [6, 11], permuting sparse rectangular matrices into singly bordered block-diagonal form for parallel solution of LP problems , and static and dynamic load balancing for parallel processing . PaToH  has been developed to provide fast and high-quality so ...
- PaToH (Partitioning Tool for Hypergraphs)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Parallel Computing
- pp 1479-1487
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- David Padua (401)
- Editor Affiliations
- 401. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University, 3190 Graves Hall, 333 W. 10th Ave., 43210, Columbus, OH, USA
- 2. Computer Engineering Department, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.