Arachidonic acid metabolites
- … show all 0 hide
AA metabolites, eicosonoids, PGG2, prostaglandin G2,PGH2, prostaglandin H2, PGE2, prostaglandin E2, PGF2α, prostaglandin F2α, thromboxane A2, TXA2, prostacyclin, PGI2,5-HPETE, 15-HPETE, lipoxins, lipoxin A4, lipoxin B4, leukotriene A4, LTA4, leukotriene B4, LTB4, leukotriene C4, LTC4, leukotriene D4, LTD4, leukotriene E4, LTE4.
Biologically active products of the enzymatic cascade whereby cyclooxygenases (PGH synthases) and 5-lipooygenase incorporate arachidonic acid as the initial substrate. Subsequent sequential enzymatic reactions yield biologically active prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
Following phospholipase mediated liberation of arachidonic acid from cell membrane phospholipids, arachidonic acid may be metabilized by cycooxygenase (PGH synthase) to yield PGG2; subsequent peroxidase activity yields PGH2 which may then be used as a substrate by specific prostaglandin synthases to yield biologically active metabolites including ...
- Lewis, RA, Austen, KF, Soberman, RJ (1990) Leukotrienes and other products of the 5-lipooxygenase pathway. N Engl J Med 323: pp. 645-55
- Needleman, P, Turk, J, Jakschik, BA, Morrison, AR, Lefkowith, JB (1986) Arachidonic acid metabolism. Annu Rev Biochem 55: pp. 69-102
- Robinson, DR (1987) Lipid mediators of inflammation. Rheum Dis Clin North Am 13: pp. 1385-405
- Arachidonic acid metabolites
- Reference Work Title
- Rheumatology and Immunology Therapy
- p 101
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. University of Alabama at Birmingham
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.