- … show all 0 hide
An animal model for rheumatoid arthritis, considered by some to be a joint specific model without extra-articular cartilage involvement. Disease expression is considered MHC-associated and T-cell dependent. Thought to be an optimal animal model for RA as the disease progression fulfils the RA criteria and has a chronic relapsing disease course.
Anti-oncostatin M antibodies have been used to neutralize PIA in CBA mice, in which 65% of PIA/CBA controls developed arthritis while in anti-OSM AB treated animals 0% developed disease.
- Hansson, AS, Lu, S, Holmdahl, R (2002) Extra-articular cartilage affected in collagen-induced, but not pristane-induced, arthritis models. Clin Exp Immunol 127: pp. 37-42
- Holmdahl, R, Lorentzen, JC, Lu, S, Olofsson, P, Wester, L, Holmberg, J, Pettersson, U (2001) Arthritis induced in rats with nonimmunogenic adjuvants as models for rheumatoid arthritis. Immunol Rev 184: pp. 184-202
- Plater-Zyberk, C (2001) Amelioration of arthritis in two murine models using antibodies to oncostatin M. Arthritis Rheum 44: pp. 2697-702
- Pristane-induced arthritis
- Reference Work Title
- Rheumatology and Immunology Therapy
- p 729
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. University of Alabama at Birmingham
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.