Hare, F. Kenneth (1919–2002)
- John Hay
- … show all 1 hide
In his as-yet-unpublished autobiography, Ken Hare concludes with:
two conflicting self assessments … my students, colleagues and collaborators have done most of the real work…. I should have concentrated on a narrower range of subjects. I diffused my efforts — partly because of the strange cocktail of opportunities that I had to capitalize, but mainly because I am like my own pet beagle: I can’t resist following any interesting scent that crosses my path.
The first comment hints at two key attributes of an individual who made important contributions during key times for the evolution of climatology — his typical selfdeprecation, and his personally inspiring and enabling nature. The second self-assessment is poignant — it hints at a person who has left this world feeling his contributions could have been more substantive, and given greater recognition. But his contributions were not only substantial but also pioneering and perceptive. As a result of Hare’s many and diverse contributions t ...
- Hare, F.K., 1968. The Arctic. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 94: 439–459.
- Hare, F.K., 1997. Canada’s climate: an overall perspective. In Bailey, W.G., Oke, T.R., and Rouse, W.R., eds., The Surface Climates of Canada. Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press, pp. 3–20.
- Hare, F.K., and Hay, J.E., 1971. Anomalies in the large-scale annual water balance over northern North America. Canadian Geographer, 15: 79–94.
- Hare, F.K. and Hay, J.E., 1974. The climate of Canada and Alaska. In Bryson, R.A., and Hare, F.K., eds., The Climates of North America. World Survey of Climatology, Vol. 11. Amsterdam: Elsevier, pp. 49–192.
- Hare, F.K., and Thomas, M.K., 1979. Climate Canada, 2nd edn. Toronto: Wiley.
- Hare, F. Kenneth (1919–2002)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of World Climatology
- pp 402-403
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Encyclopedia of Earth Sciences Series
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.