Generalizations and extensions of the möbius function
- J. SándorAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics and Computer Science, Babeş-Bolyai University of Cluj
- , B. CrsticiAffiliated withformerly the Technical University of Timişoara
In this chapter we will survey many generalizations in Number theory of the Möbius function, as well as analogues functions which arose by the extensions of certain divisibility notions or product notions of arithmetical functions. Our study will include also Möbius functions in Group theory, Lattice theory, Partially ordered sets or Arithmetical semigroups. Sometimes references to applications will be pointed out, too. This is a refined and extended version of .
However, its arithmetical importance was first recognized by A. F. Möbius  in 1832, with the discovery of a number of inversion formulae.
Möbius raised the following question:
Given an arbitrary function f(z) and g(z) by ...
- Generalizations and extensions of the möbius function
- Reference Work Title
- Handbook of Number Theory II
- pp 99-177
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.