Measurement of Apoptotic Cell Clearance In Vitro
- Andrew DevittAffiliated withCentre for Inflammation Research, The University of Edinburgh Medical School
- , Christopher D. GregoryAffiliated withCentre for Inflammation Research, The University of Edinburgh Medical School
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The phagocytic clearance of apoptotic cells is a highly efficient and non-phlogistic process in vivo. Research in this area has been limited, at least in part, by technical difficulties associated with the techniques used in the detailed study of apoptotic cell clearance mechanisms. This chapter provides details of methods that may be used to study apoptotic cell clearance in vitro. Such methods have been used successfully to identify phagocyte-associated or apoptotic cell-associated molecular players in the recognition process.
Key WordsMacrophage phagocyte apoptotic cell clearance phagocytosis
- Measurement of Apoptotic Cell Clearance In Vitro
- Book Title
- Apoptosis Methods and Protocols
- pp 207-221
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press Inc.
- Additional Links
- apoptotic cell clearance
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.