Purification of GroES from an Overproducing E. coliStrain
- Elsie Quaite-RandallAffiliated withCenter for Mechanistic Biology and Biotechnology, Structure Biology Center, Argonne National Laboratory
- , Andrzej JoachimiakAffiliated withCenter for Mechanistic Biology and Biotechnology, Structure Biology Center, Argonne National Laboratory
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Of the Hsp10/cpn10 family of molecular chaperones, GroES, the cochaperonin or “release factor” from Escherichia coli is the best characterized. Since GroEL and GroES are on the same operon in E. coli (1), they are usually overexpressed together in the same strain (see Note 1). We commonly purify GroES from the same cells used for GroEL purification (2).
- Purification of GroES from an Overproducing E. coliStrain
- Book Title
- Chaperonin Protocols
- pp 41-49
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology™
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press Inc.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.