Aqueous Two-Phase Extraction of Proteins from Animal Tissue
- Michael J. Boland
- … show all 1 hide
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This chapter covers the use of aqueous two-phase systems for extracting and purifying enzymes and other proteins of interest from animal tissue. This area was the subject of a general review by the author in 1990 (1).
- Boland, M. J. (1990) Extraction of proteins from animal tissue using multiphase aqueous systems. Bioseparation 1, 293–304.
- Johansson, G. and Kopperschlager, G. (1987) Effects of organic solvents on the partitioning of enzymes in aqueous two-phase systems. J. Chromatogr. 388, 295–305. CrossRef
- Boland, M. J., Hesselink, P. G. M., and Hustedt, H. (1989) Extractive purification of enzymes from animal tissue using aqueous phase systems. J. Biotechnol. 11, 337–352. CrossRef
- Tjerneld, F., Berner, S., Cajarville, A., and Johansson, G. (1986) New aqueous two-phase system based on hydroxypropyl starch useful in enzyme purification. Enzyme Microb. Technol. 8, 417–423. CrossRef
- Hustedt, H. and Paulssen, J. Personal communication.
- Johansson, G. and Joelsson, M. (1987) Effect of polymer structure on affinity partitioning of lactate dehydrogenase in polymer-water two-phase systems. J. Chromatogr. 411, 161–166. CrossRef
- Johansson, G. and Joelsson, M. (1986) Liquid-liquid extraction of lactate dehydrogenase from muscle using polymer-bound triazine dyes. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 13, 15–27. CrossRef
- Tjerneld, F., Johansson, G., and Joelsson, M. (1987) Affinity liquid-liquid extraction of lactate dehydrogenase on a large scale. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 30, 809–816. CrossRef
- Joelsson, M. and Johansson, G. (1987) Sequential liquid-liquid extraction of some enzymes from porcine muscle using polymer-bound triazine dyes. Enzyme Microb. Technol. 9, 233–237. CrossRef
- Boland, M. J., Hesselink, P. G. M., Papamichael, N., and Hustedt, H. (1991) Extractive purification of enzymes from animal tissue using aqueous two phase systems: pilot scale studies. J. Biotechnol. 19, 19–34. CrossRef
- Hustedt, H., Börner, B., Kroner, K-H., and Papamichael, N. (1987) Fully automated continuous crosscurrent extraction of enzymes in a two-stage plant. Biotechnol. Tech. 1, 49–54. CrossRef
- Hustedt, H., Kroner, K-H., and Papamichael, N. (1988) Continuous cross-current aqueous two-phase extraction of enzymes from biomass: Automated recovery in production scale. Process Biochem. October, 129–137.
- Vernan, J. and Kula, M-R. (1989) Extraction of proteins from biological raw material using aqueous PEG-citrate phase systems. Lecture presented at the 6th Int. Conf. Phase Partitioning, Assmanshausen, Germany.
- Hustedt, H., Schutte, H., Paulsen, J., and Boland, M. J. (1990) Protein purification by two-step extraction followed by hydrophobic interaction chromatography, in Fermentation Technologies: Industrial Applications, (Yu, P-L., ed.), Elsevier Applied Science, New York, pp. 439–444.
- Schutte, H., Papamichael, N., Paulsen, J., and Hustedt, H. (1991) Integration of hydrophobic adsorption into protein purification schemes, in Fundamentals of Adsorption: 3rd Int. Conf. (Mersmann, A. B. and Scholl, S. E., eds.), Engineering Foundation, New York, pp. 795–803.
- Kroner, K-H., Hustedt, H., and Kula, M-R. (1984) Extractive enzyme recovery: economic considerations. Process Biochem. 19, 170–179.
- Hustedt, H. (1986) Extractive enzyme recovery with simple recycling of phase forming chemicals. Biotechnol. Lett. 8, 791–796. CrossRef
- Aqueous Two-Phase Extraction of Proteins from Animal Tissue
- Book Title
- Aqueous Two-Phase Systems: Methods and Protocols
- Book Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- Book Part
- pp 259-269
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Biotechnology™
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.