Introduction to Isolating RNA
Purchase on Springer.com
$49.95 / €39.95 / £34.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Ribonucleic acid (RNA) is an unbranched polymer of purine (adenine, guanine) and pyrimidine (cytosine, uracil) nucleotides joined by phosphodiester bonds.
- Wyatt J. R. and Tinoco I. J. (1993) RNA structure and RNA function, in The RNA World (Gesteland R. F and Atkins J. F., eds.), Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, pp. 465–496.
- Choi Y. C. and Ro-Choi T.-S. (1980) Basic characteristics of different classes of cellular RNAs a directory, in Gene Expression The Production of RNAs (Goldstein L. and Prescott D. M., eds.), Academic, NY, pp. 609–667
- Farrell R. (1993), in RNA Methodologies. A Laboratory Guide for Isolation and Characterization Academic, San Diego, CA.
- Gesteland R. F. and Atkins J. F. (1993) The RNA World Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY.
- Williamson R. (1980) The processing of hnRNA and its relation to mRNA, in Gene Expression: The Production of RNAs (Goldstein L. and Prescott D M, eds.), Academic, NY, pp. 547–562
- Cohen S. and Stanley W. (1942) The molecular size and shape of the nucleic acid of tobacco mosaic virus. J Biol Chem 144, 589–598
- Noll H and Stutz E (1968) The use of sodium and lithium dodecyl sulfate in nucleic acid isolation. Methods Enzymol 12, Part B, 129–155 CrossRef
- Glism V., Crkvenjakov R., and Byus C (1974) Ribonucleic acid isolated by cesium chloride centnfugation. Biochemistry 13, 2633–2637. CrossRef
- Kirby K. S. (1968) Isolation of nucleic acids with phenolic solutions. Methods Enzymol 12, part B, 87–99. CrossRef
- Ingle J. and Burns R. G. (1968) The loss of ribosomal ribonucleic acid during the preparation of nucleic acod from certain plant tissues by the detergent-phenol method. Biochem J. 110, 605, 606
- Grinnan E. and Mosher W. (1951) Highly polymerized ribonucleic acid: preparation from liver and depolymenzation J. Biol Chem 191, 719–726
- Cox R. A. (1968) The use of guanidinium chloride in the isolation of nucleic acids Methods Enzymol 12, Part B, 120–129. CrossRef
- Chirgwin J. M., Przybyka A. E., Mac Donald R. J., Rutter W. J. (1979) Isolation of biologically active ribonucleic acid from sources enriched in ribonuclease. Biochemistry 18, 5294–5299 CrossRef
- Chomczynski P. and Sacchi N. (1987) Single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform extraction. Anal Biochem 162, 156–159. CrossRef
- Macfarlane D E. and Dahle C. E. (1993) Isolating RNA from whole bloods—the dawn of RNA-based diagnosis? Nature 362, 186–188. CrossRef
- Dahle C. E. and Macfarlane D E. (1993) Isolation of RNA from cells in culture using Catrimox-14 cationic surfactant. BioTechniques 15, 1102–1105.
- Introduction to Isolating RNA
- Book Title
- RNA Isolation and Characterization Protocols
- pp 1-6
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology™
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Hertfordshire
- 2. Tenovus Institute for Cancer Research
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, I0
- 4. Department of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.